Help us put things into the school that directly impacts your children..
Project Make our School Beautiful:
We had an elementary student share with her friends recently, “I love my school. It doesn’t look so great on the outside, but once you go inside it’s amazing.” We celebrated her love of our school but at the same time realize that the front of our school is the face of our school. It makes the first impression on people. It greets everyone every morning. We want all of our students and families to think that our school is beautiful, inside and out. Therefore, we are launching Project Make our School Beautiful.
Here are the specifics for Project Make our School Beautiful :
- Replace all of the current wood on the deck/ramp with a high-quality natural fiber-polymer composite decking. This new decking won’t have to be stained, painted, or fade for 25 years.
- Replace all of the rails on the deck with white vinyl railing with aluminum reinforcements. The ugly wooden spokes will be gone. This new railing will never need to be painted, stained, or sealed. It won’t rot, peel, or rust. It comes with a Lifetime Limited Warranty.
- Replace the broken lattice on the deck and the whole bottom skirt of the ENTIRE front of the building with a vinyl cedar shake shingle. The color we chose is Red Brick. Not only will this be durable against young students occasionally kicking soccer balls into it, this will also give our building a great accent color to really make the front of our school “pop”.
- Get rid of the 2 old picnic tables and purchase 4 new tables out front.
- Redo the flagpole.
- Landscaping and edging of the lawn and flower beds.
The goal is to get these projects done before school starts on Monday, August 28th. In faith we have contracted with a company and have taken out a bank loan to get these projects started.
The total cost of this project is $25, 900. If you, or someone you know, or a company that you are connected to would like to make a donation to make this project a success please remember we are a 501c3 non-profit organization and you can donate in a variety of ways as shown below..
If you can help donate towards making these projects a reality (Remember, Oaktree Academy exists as a non-profit 501 (c)(3) organization EIN#06-1651988) please choose one of the following options:
1. Send a check or cash to our school via the mail. Our school address is: 817 Kempsville Rd Virginia Beach VA 23464
2. Click on the following Paypal button and donate online: